Kabayan Working Holiday to New Zealand

Wow.. This is another good news para sa ating mga Filipino na nag nanais makarating para mag aral, mag bakasyon at magtrabaho ng pansamantala sa New Zealand sa loob ng isang taon. Ito ang Working Holiday Scheme sa pagitan ng Pilipinas at New Zealand, New Zealand at iba pang mga bansa.

Karaniwan na ang Working Holiday Scheme sa mga bansa katulad ng Australia, Canada, Singapore atbp. Sa ganitong sistema ang isang turista e pweding magpabalik balik or mag stay at mag trabaho sa loob ng isang taon sa isang bansa.


Filipinos Working Holiday Scheme to New Zealand.

On 5 February 2014 the Philippines Working Holiday Scheme will open at 10:00 am (New Zealand time) for the first time. From then on, 100 places will be available annually under this scheme allowing young people from the Philippines to stay in New Zealand for up to 12 months.


Online application service available

Applications can be made online for this scheme by following the link in the section 'How do I apply?' below. You will need a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card. This is the only way to pay for your online application.


However, before you think about applying, please read the following important information.

To be eligible

You must:

  • have a passport from the Republic of the Philippines that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand

  • be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old

  • not bring children with you

  • hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*

  • have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here

  • meet our health and character requirements

  • hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay

  • have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years’ full-time university study

  • have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional (see below)

  • be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit, and

  • not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.


Note: An applicant’s proficiency in English is deemed to be at least functional if they provide evidence that their tertiary qualification was gained from an institution where all tuition was in English or produce a certificate from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) showing they achieved an average level of 4.5 over the four components of the test. The IELTS certificate must be no more than two years old at the time the application is lodged. If you are already in New Zealand you also need to hold a valid temporary visa.

*You are required to hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.

Health requirements

You will need to meet our health requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.


Important note for online applicants: Our working holiday scheme's online system will tell you whether you need to send us a completed medical and/or X-ray certificate, and, if so, how to do it, when you submit your online application. This is based on the maximum length of stay that you are allowed under your country's working holiday scheme (not your intended stay), along with your responses to our health requirements questions.

Character requirements

You will need to meet our character requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.


Note: If we do have concerns about your character and require additional information, such as a police certificate, the processing of your application may be delayed.

When you are here

  • you must not take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa while you are here)

  • you must not work for the same employer for more than three months

  • you can enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to three months’ duration in total during your visit.


Please note: New Zealand law prohibits any person on a temporary visa including a Working Holiday Scheme work visa, from providing commercial sexual services, or operating or investing in a business which provides such services.


Like all New Zealand workers, you will need an IRD number so that your employer can deduct tax from your earnings at the correct rate. In New Zealand, you pay tax on a pay as you earn (PAYE) basis. This means that there should not be a large refund or an amount to pay when you leave. For more information see Inland Revenue's Travelling to New Zealand webpage [external link].

How do I apply?

To apply online, go to the Online Services login page, where you can register for online services; if you have already registered you can log in and access the Working Holiday Scheme online application system.


Check our questions and answers for more information on the online application system.


If you want to apply manually, follow the steps to apply for a Working Holiday Scheme work visa.


"This will be the same to the nationality of New Zealand, they can come to Philippines for leisure, study or work within one year"


source: immigration.govt.nz

source; database-statistics.com