My Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies are keep on growing

My portfolio just reached A$4010.57, it all started with just A$487.65 Today is October 20, 2021, My first day at work after almost three mo...

What you need to do to get a job in Australia if you are not in Australia.


If you are planning to work abroad, countries that are easy to get a job would be those middle eastern countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain etc. Most of the companies in middle eastern countries provide everything to their employee from flight from the home country, accommodation, food, transportation, and health insurance during the duration of the employment contract. There may be some but that is not the case in the rest of the world.


In Australia, a non-Australian can only work in Australia if they have a proper visa. There is a different classification of visa for work-related visa depending on location, duration of stay, skills, and qualification of the visa applicant.  Some of this visa are 457 Visa which is valid for up to 4 years, 189 visa which is valid as long as you want to stay (Permanent Residency) and there are other more here Work Visa Option. Holders of student Visa, Working Holiday Visa are also able to work with some limitation apply.

Company sponsorship is commonly practiced to get a job in Australia. (457 Visa, TSS Visa). Then there is 189 Visa and 190 Visa that will allow you to come to Australia without sponsor. (Permanent Resident)


The easiest way to get a job in Australia is through Recruitment Agency or Migration Agency because they usually have a ready employer that is willing to sponsor foreign skilled worker. Aside from the migration agency and immigration lawyers, Australian Immigration Website is the best place to gather information on how to apply for any kind of visa. The website is always updated and have the most reliable information. You'll  see the list of requirements, procedures, fees etc, it just means that you can apply for your own visa.

The first thing you need to do is to check if your profession or your kind of job is in the Skilled Occupation List. If you see your job in the list, alongside is the Assessing Authority, assessing Authority is the one that will give you an Australian Qualification. Australian Qualification can be a certificate 3 or  4 depends on your field of work. In my case I am a cook, the assessing authority gave me "Commercial Cookery Certificate 3". For the Chef, Cook and other trade professional TRA or Trade Recognition Australia is the Assessing Authority. Nurses, Engineers, and other job have other Assessing authority.

Once your skills have been assessed and got a proper certificate, the other thing you must have is the English qualification, it can be an IELTS, PTE, passport or certification that English is the medium your school is using. and then the rest of the requirements are the usual school credentials, employment certificates, passports, other certificates etc.

Once you have all those requirements ready, all you need to do is look for a job in Australia,  Submit your CV to a different company in Australia, always write a nice cover letter stating your qualification and don't forget to mention that you have all the requirements ready for visa application. If the company hire you the possibilities are they will refer you to their migration agent, or lawyer for visa application procedure.

Those are the procedure I did to get a job on a 457 visa here in Australia. I was already here in Australia when I did that. I think this is the same even if you are offshore or not in Australia. I am just not sure about the procedure of skills assessment offshore, but it explained in the Trade Recognition Australia website.

Procedure for Permanent Residency in Australia. Video

Cost of applying for a Job in Australia.

How I got a Job in Australia

It was around the middle of 2015 while we are in Dubai my best friend John saw an ad in LinkedIn about a job opening in Australia through Ausphin. Ausphin is a company in Sydney related to Training and Employment.

To cut the story short, my friend sends his CV and then got a reply from Ausphin detailing the process and legalities and later on asking some documents/requirements.  Prior to the application, my friend already had a tourist visa to Australia to visit our best friend Ronald, do sightseeing, and of course, check the legitimacy of Ausphin. 

The company is legitimate and managed to schedule him a kitchen trial and interview to a potential employer and it was a success.  (kitchen trial is common practices in Australia if you are applying as a cook/chef even as kitchen hand)
My friend went back to Dubai and started to complete all his requirements and then encourage me to apply too.
And yes I did send my CV to Ausphin and after a few days got an interview. The interview with Ausphin is through Skype just like a normal job interview asking a question about my qualification and they gave me tips about life in Australia. After a few days, they then scheduled me for a job interview with the Executive Chefs of one company in Australia. 
The scheduled interview was at 3 o'clock in the morning in Dubai as it was around midday in Australia. During the interview, the Chef just asked me to tell him about myself, and of course, I introduce myself and explain the details of my qualifications, my capacity, and my personality. The Chef can see me but he didn't let me see him. The interview was just around 3 minutes.

And then after a few days, Ausphin send me a copy of the contract coming from the employer. I read the contract, signed it, and send a copy back to them.  Then Ausphin asked me to submit notarized copies of my passport, birth certificate, school credentials, employment certificates, and Dubai Police Clearance. They also send me some forms to fill up, agreement to read, and the invoice for the service and visa application that was around 6000 AED as the first payment. 

I gather all the requirements by contacting my college in Manila to send me my school credentials and they did. I send a copy of my certificates to my niece to notarised it to the lawyer in the Philippines because the notarise service in Dubai is expensive and I get a Police Clearance in Dubai Police. I got all the requirements ready, all forms and agreement signed, and then paid and submitted it to Ausphin. My friend and I almost finished the procedure at the same time. 

September 1, 2015, when I received the confirmation letter of my 402 Visa Application from the Australian Immigration through Ausphin. It says that visa processing takes around three months or maybe more depending on the situation. 

Since we are just waiting for the Australian Training and Research Visa, We plan to travel to Europe and so we went to apply for a Schengen Visa, and luckily it was approved. October 2015 when we resigned from our job and travel to Europe and Southeast Asia. It was February 2016 I was in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia when my Australian Training and Research Visa (402 Visa) was approved and I fly right away to Sydney with the cheapest flight of Air Asia. Then my friend got his visa while he was with his girlfriend in Singapore.

As of November 19, 2016, 402 visas are replaced by 407 Visa which is simply Training Visa, formerly known as Training and Research Visa. 407 Visa now requires IELTS or other English proof knowledge.

Note: This was my experienced and not necessarily applicable to everyone. Please visit the Australian Immigration website for more reliable information.